Donate to Leadership Tuscaloosa's Service Project: ShelterUp Tuscaloosa

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. [Jan. 4, 2024] - The Leadership Tuscaloosa Class of 2024 has launched ShelterUp Tuscaloosa, a community service project addressing the inadequate coverage of Tuscaloosa Transit bus stops.

In collaboration with the Tuscaloosa Mental Health Alliance's past initiatives, the objective is to significantly increase the number of Tuscaloosa Transit shelters from less than 15%.

To accomplish this, Leadership Tuscaloosa aims to secure tax-deductible donations from individuals, organizations, and businesses.

The estimated cost for one covered bus stop, including installation, is $2,000. This includes a 6-by-10 concrete pad, 5-by-10 covered shelter, commercial garbage bin, and ADA non-slip pad.

The Federal Transit Administration will cover 80% of a bus stop shelter's cost if the remaining 20% is funded.

To donate, access the sponsorship form here. The deadline for submissions is February 29.

Mail and make checks payable to:

West Alabama Chamber Foundation

Attn: Leadership Tuscaloosa Project

PO Box 020410

Tuscaloosa, AL 35402

For additional information, contact Alicia Gregory at


About the Chamber of Commerce of West Alabama

The Chamber of Commerce of West Alabama is a Tuscaloosa County-based pro-business advocacy organization serving more than 65,000 working men and women through more than 1,300 business enterprises, civic organizations and education institutions.

The mission of the Chamber of Commerce of West Alabama is to provide the leadership, vision and catalyst for the advancement of the economic prosperity, business climate and quality of life for the entire community.